Maintenance Requests & Keys

GW Facilities and Campus Development oversees the general conditions of GW’s buildings and communicates with students about all work in the residence halls. Students can submit anymaintanence issues and requests through their 24/7, online FIXit system.

Emergency Requests

Maintenance requests are considered an emergency ONLY if they meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • The problem jeopardizes a person’s safety. Examples: fire, elevator failures, gas leaks, evidence of break-in/theft, broken door locks/ inability to enter or secure door
  • The problem will cause further damage or loss to property of a resident or the university. Examples: active water leaks, broken interior/exterior doors and windows, leaking gas stoves
  • The problem will significantly disrupt university activities. Examples: any loss of utility system like electricity, water, or gas
For emergencies in residence halls, academic and administrative buildings, call Facilities Customer Service at 202-994-6706, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.  Describe the situation, and provide your name, the building name, your room/office number, the nature of the problem, email address and phone number.

Key Depot for Loaner or Replacement Keys

As part of its responsibilities for residence halls, Facilities Services operates Key Depots on Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses to provide replacement keys in the event of lost or stolen room and/oe mailbox keys, or room lockouts. For information on key policies, Key Depot services, and associated fees, visit Residence Hall Key Policies and Charges.

For more information, contact Facilities Customer Service at (202) 994-2430.