Second- & Third-Year Student Application
Second- and third-year students are required to reside in on-campus housing in compliance with DC zoning restrictions and GW policy unless they have been approved for a Residency Exemption. Exemptions are rarely granted; however, students can request an exemption under specific conditions.
- The Residency Exemption request form will be available via GW Housing e-Services on January 17, 2017 and must be submitted by March 6, 2017.
- Students who are registered for classes for the Fall semester, do not apply for housing, and are not approved for a Residency Exemption will be administratively assigned to housingand will be responsible for all related housing and dining charges.
The following buildings are available for second- and third-year students for the 2017-2018 Academic year:
- 2109 F Street (Women Only)
- District House
- Fulbright Hall
- Francis Scott Key (FSK) Hall
- Guthridge Hall
- International House
- Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis (JBKO) Hall
- Lafayette Hall
- Mark Shenkman Hall
- Merriweather Hall (Women Only) - Mount Vernon Campus
- Mitchell Hall
- Munson Hall
- Philip Amsterdam Hall
- The Dakota
- West Hall - Mount Vernon Campus
The following building is available for third-year students:
- 1959 E Street (Fall Only & FOFAC housing)
**Due to a lack of availability, single apartments and single units with private bathrooms will not be available as a room preference on the general housing application. The only single options will be Mitchell Hall single with common bathroom or West Hall single suites.**
- Rising second & third-year students will complete the general iHousing application April 4-11, 2017.
- Students will be unable to apply if they have a hold on their student account.
- Students who apply after April 11, 2017 will likely be placed on the waitlist.