Spring Extended Stay Housing
- All undergraduate residence halls will close on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at noon for the 2017 Spring semester.
- All students must vacate their housing assignments 24 hours after their last final exam or by May 17, 2017 at noon, whichever comes first.
- GWorld access to the residence halls and/or rooms will be deactivated for all students except approved extended stay residents at noon on May 17th. Any student who requests for thier GWorld card to be reactivated after this time or who has not moved out will be charged a $150 improper check-out fee.
The following groups of students are eligible for extended stay housing:
- Graduating seniors participating in commencement exercises
- Siblings of graduating seniors
- Students working for a GW department who have work commitments through commencement
- Green Move-Out volunteers who have shifts on or after May 17th.
- CSE Resident Advisors & Resident Directors
- Students living in GW Summer Housing whose reservation begins in May and who have registered for Summer Housing by April 24th.
The 2017 Spring Extended Stay Application will be available from Wednesday, March 29th at 10am through Monday, April 24th at 5pm via GW Housing e-Services. Completing a request for Extended Stay Housing does not guarantee that you will be approved. Students not approved for Extended Stay Housing must move out no later than Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at noon.
Graduating seniors, CSE Resident Advisors/Resident Directors, Green Move-Out volunteers, and on-campus GW Summer Residents whose reservation begins in May DO NOT need to complete the online form. All other students who wish to extend their housing must complete the online form or they will not be approved for extended stay housing. Requests made after April 24, 2017 will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but are unlikely to be approved.
Requests for Extended Stay Housing cannot be extended beyond noon, Monday, May 22nd unless a student is living in on-campus GW Summer Housing. Extended stay is not provided as a short term housing option for students who may have an off campus lease beginning after May 17, 2017.
Students who are approved for Extended Stay Housing are subject to all campus and residence hall policies. Additionally, residents are not permitted to have any overnight guests who are not approved for Extended Stay Housing during this extended housing period. Any violation of policy can result in immediate loss of Extended Stay Housing, requiring a student to immediately vacate campus.
GW Summer Housing Transition Information
The majority of residents approved for extended stay who also have a summer housing reservation for Summer I or the entire summer, will remain in their Spring assignment until Thursday, May 25th, at which point they will transition into their summer assignment. GW Summer & Conference Housing will be in touch with all summer residents in early May with more information about transitioning to their summer assignment. Questions regarding summer housing or the transition from Spring to Summer Housing can be directed to GW Summer & Conference Housing at firstname.lastname@example.org.