Summer Housing for GW Undergraduates
Current GW academic-year undergraduate students can select from the following living options during the summer months. GW students are clustered together in these locations to facilitate the development of community during your summer on campus.
2017 Housing Options
Our different summer housing options for GW undergraduates vary in the level of amenities each location offers:
- Traditional Rooms, Double Bedroom with Adjoined Bath in Lafayette Hall (available Summer I only, Summer II only, or for an Entire Summer stay)
- Shared Apartment, Double Bedroom with Kitchens in Shenkman Hall (available Summer I only, Summer II only, or for an Entire Summer stay)
- Private Bedroom, with Kitchens in South Hall (available for an Entire Summer stay only)
If your Spring 2017 or Fall 2017 housing assignment is in any of these buildings, and you choose the same building and room type for your summer assignment, GW Summer & Conference Housing will strive to manually assign you to that space. This is in an effort to prevent you from having to move multiple times during the transition between Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters.
All rates are for the date ranges specified below. These date ranges are firm and based on the GW academic Summer Sessions terms.
- Spring Study Abroad: After creating your reservation contact Summer Housing to indicate that you will need an earlier move-in date
- Spring to Summer Housing Assignment: May 22-28
- Summer to Fall Housing Assignment: August 6-18
- Last day of Summer Housing for those with no on-campus fall assignment: August 12
Traditional Rooms: Double Bedroom Unit with Adjoined Bath in Lafayette Hall
- Summer 1 only: May 25 – July 1: $1,700
- Summer 2 only: July 2 – August 18: $1,700
- Entire Summer stay: May 25 – August 18: $2,800
Shared Apartment: Double Bedroom in a Quad Unit with Kitchen in Shenkman Hall
- Summer 1 only: May 25 – July 1: $2,100
- Summer 2 only: July 2 – August 18: $2,100
- Entire Summer stay: May 25 – August 18: $3,600
Private Bedroom (Singles): Private Bedroom with Kitchen in a Shared Occupancy Unit in South Hall.
- Entire Summer stay: May 25 – August 18: $4,250
GW undergraduate students are restricted from reserving for Summer Housing as an External Guest; they are bound only to the above reservation options. GW undergraduate students are not subject to the 14.5% DC Accommodations Tax. A $150 non-refundable Administrative Fee will be added to the total cost of housing with each reservation.