West Hall (Mount Vernon Campus)
2100 Foxhall Road, NW
Washington, DC 20007
West Hall opened in the Fall of 2010 as George Washington University’s first LEED residence hall and campus life center on the Mount Vernon campus. West Hall houses 287 first-year and upperclass students, in single and double bedrooms in 4-person units.
Living at West Hall provides students access to an in-house fitness center, state of the art recording studios, individual rehearsal space, as well as laundry facilities located on each floor, and more than 10 student study rooms. For those students interested in the fine arts, West Hall also provides students with a black-box theater and an art studio.
Immersed in beautiful greenery, West Hall encompasses a courtyard that provides students with ample outside areas where they can study or socialize while enjoying great food from the dining hall. Overlooking the beautiful tennis courts and athletic fields, West Hall offers residents quick access to the Mount Vernon Shuttle. It's also a short walk to the soccer/lacrosse field where you can watch GW's varsity teams or you can enjoy a pickup game of your own.
Approximately 10% of the freshmen class will live in West Hall.
- Style: Suite Style
- Year Built: 2010
- Gender: Co-ed
- Number of Floors: Four Residential Floors, two Basement levels
- TV lounge
- Multimedia studios
- Black box theater
- Numerous study spaces
- Dining facilities
- Kitchen facilities in the residence hall
- Laundry facilities in the residence hall
- MicroFridge in each suite
- Four Bedroom, 4-Person Units (94% of rooms)
- Double Bedroom, 4-Person Units (6% of rooms)
- West Hall is made up of 4-Person Units with either 4 single bedrooms or 1 double and 2 single bedrooms.
- Cable TV access in each suite
- Individual High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet