Maintenance & Access

Fix-It Request

You should submit a FixIt to Facilities Planning, Construction, and Management for any problems you find in your room or in your hall regarding appliances, bathrooms, leaks, lighting and power, temperature, door and locks, pests, widows, furniture, mailboxes, elevators, and general damage.

By submitting the FixIt yourself, you will be directly notified of updates and able to track the progress of your request through the process. 

Login and Submit Your FixIt Request


Emergency Fix-It Requests

Maintenance requests are considered an emergency ONLY if they meet one or more of the following criteria:

  • Jeopardizes a person’s safety. Examples include fire, elevator failures, gas leaks, evidence of break-in/theft, broken door locks/ inability to enter or secure door.
  • Cause further damage or loss to property. Examples include active water leaks, broken interior/exterior doors and windows, leaking gas stoves.
  • Significantly disrupts university activities: Examples include any loss of utility systems like electricity, water, or gas.

Call in an Emergency FixIt at (202) 994-6706, available 24/7.


Mobile ID App

In the unlikely event that you lock yourself out of your room because you left your GWorld card in your room, the quickest way to unlock your door is to access the Mobile ID App for Android or Apple smartphones.

  • The app works on individual suite and room doors if the user is directly in front of the door.
  • To access exterior doors and elevators, use the lost/found card feature 

Learn More & Download the Mobile ID App

Key Depot 

In the event that you are unable to use your mobile ID app to regain access, you can visit Key Depot 24/7 or call the emergency after-hours Administrator On-Call.

Key Depot is located at 2025 F St. NW, Washington, DC 20052