1900 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
Thurston Hall has a maximum occupancy of 1,116 first-year students in a limited number of two- or three-person units, and in rooms of four to six students each. Four, five and six person units are the most common room sizes. Each room has a private bathroom.
Thurston Hall, the largest first-year residence hall on the Foggy Bottom campus, offers students numerous amenities under one roof. Students living here enjoy television and piano lounges, as well as academic study space. In 2015, a kitchen was added in the basement common area of Thurston Hall and in 201, all rooms received new furniture.
40% of all first-year students will live in Thurston Hall.
- Year Built: 1929
- Gender: Co-ed
- Number of Floors: Nine Residential plus Basement
- TV lounge
- Piano lounge
- Study Lounge in basement
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Community Kitchen
- Microwave & Refrigerator or MicroFridge in each room
- Private bathroom in each room
- Twin XL (80") mattresses in all rooms
- 2-Person Units with private bath (15% of rooms)
- 3-Person Units with private bath (13% of rooms)
- 4-Person Units with private bath (55% of rooms)
- 5-Person Units with private bath (3% of rooms)
- 6-Person Units with private bath (12% of rooms)
- Cable TV access in each room
- Individual High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet