514 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
Mitchell Hall is home to approximately 350 first-year and upperclass in single rooms. Located on the southeast corner of campus, Mitchell is next to Thurston Hall, 1959 E Street, and is only three blocks from the White House. Mitchell Hall was most recently renovated in 2015, with updates to the plumbing, new vanities, and new furniture in all rooms. In rooms with private bathrooms, the bathrooms were updated as well. In the 2016 summer, many units received new fan coil units to improve the air conditioning in the rooms.
All rooms have vanities, microwaves and fridges, and medicine cabinets. Two large bathroom facilities are located on each floor; and all floors but the first floor have kitchen facilities.
Mitchell's first floor provides upperclass students with single rooms with private bathrooms, microwaves, and refrigerators.
Approximately 10% of the freshmen class will live in Mitchell Hall.
- Year Built: 1929
- Gender: Co-ed
- Number of Floors: Eight Residential plus Basement
- Bike rack/room
- TV lounge
- Dance studio/Rehearsal Space in Basement
- Laundry facilities in the residence hall
- Kitchen facilities on floors 2-8
- MicroFridge in each room
- Twin XL (80") mattresses in all rooms
- Single Units w/Private Bath (5% of rooms; typically reserved for upperclass students)
- Single Units w/Common Bath (87% of rooms)
- Single Bedroom, 2-Person Units (8% of rooms)
- Cable TV access in each room
- Individual High Speed Internet
- Wireless Internet