Summer Housing for GW Students
Each summer, several hundred academic-year GW students choose to stay on-campus to make the most of their time and educational experience in Washington, DC by electing to reserve summer housing through GW Housing.
The benefits of booking your reservation as a GW Student:
- Extended Summer date range for continuous on campus housing from your Spring assignment to your Fall assignment (if applicable)
- Reduced GW Student pricing
- Exemption from the D.C. Accommodation Tax of 14.5%
Eligibility for GW Student Summer Housing
GW students are permitted to reside in on-campus housing if they are:
- Engaged in an educationally-oriented activity like an internship
- Registered for courses at GW - in possession of an active GWid
- Engaged in academic research
- Participating in a structured volunteer opportunity
Additionally, many GW students are hired as student employees for offices around the university. Often in this case, the hiring department is arranging housing accommodations on behalf of the GW student.
GW Students Affected by Executive Order
GW Housing values all of our community members and wants to ensure that any students who may be affected by the Executive Order entitled Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Entry into the United States by Foreign Nationals, have the support they need. Please contact either Kristen Franklin at email@example.com or Seth Weinshel at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with any summer or academic year housing questions or concerns. For GW's statement regarding this Executive Order, please visit the International Services Office website.
If you have questions regarding Summer Housing, please contact GW Summer & Conference Housing at 202-994-2552 or email@example.com.