Graduate Student Housing Options

Graduate students have a number of different options for on- and off-campus housing. Graduate students are encouraged to visit Off-Campus Student Affairs to learn more about off-campus housing options.

The Aston

The Aston, located at 1129 New Hampshire Ave. NW, is the University's only residence hall dedicated to graduate students with approximately 100 single “studio-style” apartment units. Half of the student population is made up of first-year law students with the remainder of the residents being in other graduate programs. Conveniently located in the prestigious West End neighborhood of Washington, DC, just a few blocks from GW’s Foggy Bottom campus, the Aston offers a true city living experience. The Aston's location in the heart of Washington DC. allows students to be fully immersed in everything that the District has to offer. 

  • Amenities: Each studio apartment includes a bed (with mattress), dresser, desk, hutch, desk chair, wardrobe (or closet), dining table and seating. To view sample room photos, click here. Each unit has a private in-suite bathroom. Each kitchen has a microwave, stove, oven, dishwasher, and refrigerator. Each unit is equipped with air conditioning that is transitioned to heat during the fall and winter. All residential facilities are connected to the University's wireless internet connection, which allows residents to access the University's web-based cable provider
  • Application Procedure: Before gaining access to the housing application, students should fill out the Graduate Housing Interest Form, which will be available in early March for the following academic year and in early November for the spring semester. In order for students to be able to access the application, they must be an enrolled, degree-seeking student and have a valid NetID. Prior to submitting an application, students should review the Graduate Housing License Agreement, which outlines the terms and conditions of residing in any residential property on-campus. Once a student has created their NetID, they will be notified through their GW Email Address of their access to the graduate housing application. Upon submitting an application, the student will be notified through their GW Email Address of their housing assignment, typically within a few business days of their application submission. 
  • Payment Procedure: All housing fees are included on the resident's Student Accounts e-Bill. The George Washington University bills by semester according to registration. All housing fees will be included on the bill, and any outstanding balance must be paid off by the first day of each academic semester. If an outstanding balance remains after the start of the semester, a monthly statement including late fees and finance charges will be sent to the resident from the Office of Student Accounts.  

Prior to submitting an application, students should familiarize themselves with the Graduate Housing License Agreement. This is a binding agreement for the entirety of the academic year. The Housing License Agreement is electronically signed by all students on the application.

Thank you for your interest in living in the Aston for the 2019-2020 academic year. Unfortunately, we are no longer taking submissions for the interest list as we have exhausted demand for on-campus graduate housing.