Registered student organizations and campus departments can hang posters in the residence halls by bringing an original copy of the poster to that building's Community Coordinator to receive approval. Please note that approval may take up to 24-48 hours, so we encourage you to plan accordingly.
Advertisements for non-university sales or job listings will not be approved regardless of student organization sponsorship.
Posters in the Residence Halls
Posters must meet the following criteria:
- Have an area 2 in. x 1 in. clear of color, pattern, and text for the CLRE approval stamp.
- Have a clearly-displayed George Washington University logo.
- Have a clearly-displayed logo or name of the sponsoring student organization or campus department.
- Student organizations and campus departments have a limit of one poster on the community board at any given time.
- Must be deemed appropriate under university policy and regulations.
- Must promote an event or program.
- Not be palm card size.
- Not be printed on orange paper, this color is reserved exclusively for emergency/GWPD notices.
- Not promote actions that are contrary to GW policy or display any form of harassment.
- Not promote alcohol consumption.
Posting Timeline & Locations
- Flyers can only be posted in the designated areas marked by the "Community Space, Post Event Flyers Here" sign
- All flyers will be taken down in all halls on the 1st and 15th of each month.
Digital Display and Social Media Requests
Digital displays are available in many of our residence halls as another form of advertisement and community building. Our [email protected] Instagram account seeks to contribute to our vibrant on-campus GW community by sharing meaningful traditions, creating opportunities for engagement, and inspiring affinity to our university. Members of the GW community that want to advertise in either of these spaces may do so by filling out the respective request form.